Mentawai & North Sumatra
Free flights special
MENTAWAI ISLANDS, INDONESIA
SPECIAL OFFER! RETURN AIRFARES FROM AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND INCLUDED!*
Navistar is making your 2019 early season trip easy, including return airfares from selected airports in Australia or New Zealand with Air Asia (excluding Adelaide).
The Navistar is a 65 foot Australian built and operated vessel, with two tenders serving options for all levels of surfer. You will be met and served by a fully English speaking crew and the Navistar team will get you the pumping waves and uncrowded lineups you have come to the Mentawai Islands to experience.
The deck is large and spacious. It comfortably seats 10 people and makes the perfect alfresco zone for enjoying the post surf quality cooked meals and a few sunset beers. Inside of the boat is also fully air conditioned. There is also an upstairs area perfect for relaxing between sessions, checking the surf, or taking in the Mentawai islands breathtaking scenery.
*Promotion runs until 31st January, 2019
*$1000 AUD deposit required, balance payable 90 days prior to departure
*minimum 6 people required to guarantee departure.
- 9th March – 21st March, 2019
- 6th April – 18th April, 2019
- Return Airfares from Australia or New Zealand*
- Return transfers from Padang (hotel or airport)
- 12 nights shared accommodation on board ‘Navistar’
- 3 meals a day plus snacks
- Use of all gear onboard the boat
- Ongoing support from WOTD customer service.
- Baggage or meals on Air Asia flight (Once the booking is made the booking will be handed over to you to make the appropriate add-ons)
- Mentawai Surfer Tax (1 million rupiah)
*Please see below ‘terms and conditions’ for more information on return airfare inclusions
Parked in the North Indian Ocean, long range ground swells travel miles and unload in a tropical paradise full of amazing people, waves for all levels, palms and coconuts aplenty. The Southern Hemisphere Winter has more frequent and larger waves. During Summer months the area remains similarly consistent but with less intense swells. If you are an absolute charger then large peak season swells and heaving 8-10 footers will be your dream, however if you love hanging with your mates, sinking a few beers, and scoring perfect mid-size points and reefs, then do not count out shoulder season or the summer period.
Here’s a guide to the waves which you might get to surf during your trip. Our operators have years of experience and will do their best to ensure that you’re in the right place at the right time. If you’re lucky they might even let you in on some of their secret spots too!
- Beng beng
- Pit Stops
- Bank Vaults
- No Kanduis
- Four Bobs
- Karangbat Left
- Lance’s Left
- Hollow Trees (HT’s, Lance’s Right)
- Bat Caves (Gilligan’s Island)
- Rags Left
- Rags Right
- The Hole
Getting to the Mentawai is somewhat involved for the traveller, however there is no doubt that this Is part of the experience and what it takes to surf some of the best waves in the world. Most hotels and charters will organise transport from Padang (North Sumatra) so you simply need to organise flights into Padang which usually transfer from either Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Singapore or Bali.
(Any trip specific details such as pick up times, hotel arrangements or additional requirements shall be emailed to you within 48 hours of your booking confirmation)
Once you’ve made payment for your booking you will receive a booking confirmation email with important information regarding your package. Please read this information carefully. If you notice any errors or have any questions regarding your booking, please reply to this email within 24 hours.
Any dietary and/or medical requirements must be stated on your booking form. Any changes in regards to customer information, after the booking has been confirmed cannot be guaranteed.
Sometimes we will request additional information. If so, it is your responsibility to provide this information.
Please note that when booking through Wave of the Day you will have ongoing customer service both before and while on your trip.
Please read our terms and conditions before making a reservation.
Please note all trips exclude the following unless otherwise stated:
- Travel Insurance
- Any local travel taxes or visa charges
- Any additional food, drinks, or services beyond the inclusions listed above
- Additional tours/activities not included by the operator
- Personal expenses
- Any gratuities
ADDITIONAL DEAL-SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Promotion runs until 31st January, 2019
- Return airfare with Air Asia, from selected Airports in Australia and New Zealand (Excluding Adelaide)
- Price does not include baggage or meals on Air Asia flight (Once the booking is made the booking will be handed over to you to make the appropriate add-ons)
- Price does not include Mentawai Surfer Tax (1 million rupiah)
- $1000 AUD deposit required, balance payable 90 days prior to departure
- Minimum 6 people required to guarantee departure
- This offer can not be used in conjunction with the ‘save $1000’ promotion.
- This offer is not available for use in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
We have a wicked week. Brendan was super knowledgeable and had a sixth sense for where to go. Food on the trip was 5 star also which is a big help. Main room is Air Conditioned which is hugely beneficial. I can definitely recommend the Navistar. Thanks to Brendan and his team.
The Navistar was sweet, scored everyday except one but the wind was funky so no problem. Food was great, scored good fish, every beer was cold, vibe was chilled, crew were cool and helpful, skipper was first class. All in all it was the fucking business! Looking forward to the next one.