Mentawai & North Sumatra
The Mentawai Islands are the most wave rich destination on the planet. Nowhere else in the world receives more consistent swell with generally light winds turning perfect swell into world class waves with a tropical climate. Whatever your surfing level is, we have perfect waves for you!
The 10 Day, 9 Night Surf Adventure starts in Padang, West Sumatra on Friday each week, where you will be picked up from the airport by your friendly local driver who will take you back to your first nights hotel accommodation in Padang. From here you can explore Padang before heading out the next morning to Siberut by Fast Ferry. Once you arrive in Siberut its a boat trip to Mojosurf Camp Mentawai with a 45min Speedboat ride through the mangroves and/or via ocean, depending on tide level and swell conditions.
Available various dates throughout 2020. Please contact us using the button on the left to enquire or make a booking.
- 7 nights comfortable island style accommodation
- 2 nights Padang 3 Star accommodation
- Return airport transfers in Padang
- 3 awesome meals per day at the Mojosurf Mentawai Camp
- Return Boat Siberut to Mojosurf Camp Mentawai
- One daily boat trip to the best waves on offer in the area
- Unlimited surf sessions at 3 breaks in walking distance from camp
- Extra boat trips available upon request at the camp if required
- return fast ferry boat – Padang to Siberut
*Please note the following is not included:
- surfboards or surfboard rental (we suggest you bring your own board)
- price per board bag on the fast ferry (approx. 17USD per board bag)
- MENTAWAI SURF TAX Rp. 1,000,000 per person, all foreign surfers visiting Mentawai are legally obliged to pay, upon arrival in Padang Harbour.
Mojosurf Mentawai Surf Camp, the best accommodation in Mentawai Islands. Nestled on a palm fringed island in the Playground area of the Northern Mentawai Islands, this true surfing mecca is known for the diversity of quality breaks. Everyone from intermediate to surf professionals will thoroughly enjoy this experience of a lifetime and the warm, welcoming friendly atmosphere at the Mojosurf Camp Mentawai.
Over 15 world class surf breaks are within a 20 minute boat ride from your accommodation. Pit Stop and Nipussi surf breaks are an easy stroll from the surf camp.
Your last airport destination will be Minangkabau International Airport, Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
Easiest stopovers are usually trough Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta. Airlines such as Air Asia, Garuda, Lion Air are operating regular flights.
Your check in & out dates at The Camp will depend on Mentawai Fast, ferry that operates transfers between Padang and Siberut.
The ferry departs from Padang at 7’00am every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and will leave from Siberut these same days around 2’30pm, arriving in Padang between 6pm and 7pm, depending on sea conditions.
You must then land in Padang the day before the ferry departs (so either a Monday, Wednesday or Friday), and leave Padang the day after you return from the Lodge (Wednesday, Friday or Sunday).
Please make sure you will book your flights according to this schedule
Once you’ve made payment for your booking you will receive a booking confirmation email with important information regarding your package. Please read this information carefully. If you notice any errors or have any questions regarding your booking, please reply to this email within 24 hours.
Any dietary and/or medical requirements must be stated on your booking form. Any changes in regards to customer information, after the booking has been confirmed cannot be guaranteed.
Sometimes we will request additional information. If so, it is your responsibility to provide this information.
Please note that when booking through Wave of the Day you will have ongoing customer service both before and while on your trip.
Please read our terms and conditions before making a reservation.
Please note all trips exclude the following unless otherwise stated:
- Travel Insurance
- Any local travel taxes or visa charges
- Any additional food, drinks, or services beyond the inclusions listed above
- Additional tours/activities not included by the operator
- Personal expenses
- Any gratuities
‘Having the most prefect waves to myself was absolutely epic, loved the camp, cant wait to come back!’